I had created a project outline in Trello using Markdown formatting language. The project outline was inspired by questions from several clients to advance their upcoming projects.
I am experimenting with using the new Gutenberg editor tool on this website and thought it would a good opportunity to test drive the Gutenberg block support for Markdown by selecting a paragraph block and pasting outline directly into it in a new post.
Results: On my first try, I pasted the entire text from the Trello card all at one time. 9 heading blocks were created. The text I expected to be formatted as a list became paragraph blocks instead. The unexpected list format was due to my list syntax (formatting) error. After adjusting my list formatting, I pasted the entire text from the Trello card all at one time again. 9 heading blocks were created and several list blocks were properly created.
Below you can see the final text for the basic project outline.
Who is requesting this project?
What is the importance and purpose of this project?
- Text (including internal and external links)
- Visuals + Multimedia (i.e. custom images, stock images, videos, graphics, audio, custom fonts, logo)
- Interactive Elements(i.e. payment forms, contact forms)
Known functionality Issues:
- Integration with external applications (i.e. email provider, payment processor-gateway, social media)
- Desired starting week
- Requested completion week
- Payment schedule suggested (i.e. single payment, extended payment plan)
Other professionals who will be involved:
- Graphic designer (name, phone #, email address)
- Content creator (name, phone #, email address)
- Are redirects needed for deleted content?
- Are Automatic backups happening?
- Any themes, plugins or WordPress version outdated?
- Is webhosting access available?
- Is SSL certificate active?
- Is WordPress dashboard access available?